Terms & Conditions / Warranty
Warranty on new Pumps, Systems, Accessories and Parts
Gardner Denver Thomas, Inc., Welch Vacuum Technology product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. The liability of Gardner Denver Thomas, Inc., Welch Vacuum Technology under this warranty is limited to servicing, adjusting, repairing, or replacing any unit or component part which in the judgement of Gardner Denver Thomas, Inc., Welch Vacuum Technology has not been misused, abused, or altered in any way or damaged by ingestion of foreign material causing impaired performance or rendering it inoperative. Foreign material includes solids, liquids other than pump oil, corrosive gases, and water or solvent vapor. No other warranties are expressed or implied. The method of executing this warranty: servicing, adjusting, repairing, or replacing, shall be at the discretion of Gardner Denver Thomas, Inc., Welch Vacuum Technology. Vacuum pumps that have been operated within a vacuum system, or other system, for any period, however short, will be repaired under this warranty rather than replaced.
The warranty is effective for one year from the date of original purchase when:
- The warranty card has been completed and returned.
- The product is returned to the factory or other designated service centers, freight prepaid.
- The product in our judgement is defective through no action or fault of the user.
If the product has become defective through misuse, abuse, alteration, or ingestion of foreign material, repairs will be billed regardless of the age of the product. In this event, an estimate of the repair costs will be submitted and authorization of these charges will be required before the product is repaired and returned.
- All returns for warranty evaluation must have a Return Authorization (RA) label on the box. The RA is obtained using the online form.
- Warranty repairs are approved only upon inspection
- Products damaged in shipping are not subject to warranty provisions. If shipping damage occured, Customer should file claim with shipping company.
- Inspection fee for all non-warranty items is $120.00.
- Warranty repairs - Customer pays freight incoming and Welch pays freight outgoing.
Terms & Conditions for Non-Warranty Pump Repairs
- There is a 90 day warranty on all non-warranty repair items.
- Quote is provided to Customer based upon inspection. Customer must authorize payment based on quote prior to repair.
- Non-warranty repairs - Customer pays all freight charges.